Many talented and capable employees are affected by a medical / neuropsychological condition that warrants workplace accommodations to address their specific disability. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/disability/ada) a disability in the workplace may warrant accommodations. Examples include:
- Dyslexia (impaired reading)
- Dysgraphia (impaired writing)
- Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) or Fibromyalgia
Examples of workplace accommodations can include:
- Permission to wear (noise canceling) headphones or earbuds in the workplace to reduce distractions;
- An office with walls and a door to minimize interruptions and to reduce distractions;
- Permission to use dictation software provided by the workplace;
- Permission to use software to verbalize or “speak” text, provided by the workplace;
- Access to a proofreader to check spelling and punctuation for important documents.
Your condition must have a substantial impact on a major life activity to warrant accommodations.
CONTACT US TODAY TO DETERMINE IF NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING MIGHT BE USEFUL TO YOU FOR WORKPLACE ACCOMMODATIONS.
In New York: +1(212) 784-6105
Chicago: +1(312) 620-0814