In addition to our neuropsychological evaluation services, we also offer focused psychological evaluations to evaluate emotional and personality functioning. These evaluations, which usually take approximately two hours in the office (not including time for scoring, integration of results, interpretation and report), are usually helpful to assess current emotional state, coping resources, and look for signs of a psychiatric illness or emotional disorder. The psychological evaluation consists of an interview as well as administration of one or more questionnaires and tests such as the MMPI-2, MMPI-A, PAI, MCMI-IV, and others. Projective testing can also be done as indicated or requested.
In many cases, these evaluations are, in part, reimbursed by insurance if you have out of network coverage. We can discuss payment and insurance issues when you call us.
This testing is helpful for:
- Candidates who wish to be a surrogate parent/surrogate mother;
- Candidates for weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery or lap band surgical procedures);
- Evaluation for depression, anxiety, or psychosis;
- Bipolar disorder;
- Determination if a psychiatric illness is present;
- Oppositional/defiant disorder, conduct disorder, or intermittent explosive disorder;
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder;
- Other psychological and psychiatric conditions
After the testing is completed, you will be scheduled (if appropriate) for a feedback session to review the results (some referral situations, such as candidacy to be a surrogate, usually do not include a feedback session), conclusions and recommendations. The results of the testing will be discussed in detail along with recommendations for treatment and follow up.
Call us today to schedule your appointment for psychological testing.