At the Cognitive Assessment Group, we offer neuropsychological evaluation in NYC and Chicago to diagnose and recommend treatment programs for patients that may be suffering from cognitive disorders. Considered to be some of the best in the country, we have the top neuropsychologists in New York and Chicago. Our experts have provided thousands of patients with accurate diagnoses and treatment programs.
Neuropsychological testing, often called psychoeducational evaluation, is not limited to the disorders listed on the other pages of this site. We assist with diagnosis and treatment planning for a broad range of neuropsychiatric conditions. The evaluation can be focused or comprehensive, depending on the question to be addressed.
We perform diagnosis and treatment planning for a wide range of conditions, including
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Lyme Disease
- Brain injury
- Toxic exposure
- Bipolar disorder
Mild Cognitive Impairment
Older adults are at risk for Mild Cognitive Impairment. Facts about MCI include:
- MCI is defined as age-associated cognitive impairment that is not severe enough to be diagnosed as dementia
- One subtype of MCI is “amnestic MCI” in which memory is disproportionately impaired
- Neuropsychological (cognitive) testing is the best way to diagnose MCI
- Some medications may reduce the risk of progressing to dementia such as Alzheimer’s Disease which is why an evaluation is so important for an early diagnosis so that treatment can begin early.
Many conditions cause impairment of memory and other cognitive functioning. The first step is to determine if you have a problem, its nature and severity, and what should be done for it.
Thousands of conditions can cause impairment in thinking or cognitive abilities, including medical, neurological and psychiatric conditions. If you are experiencing memory problems, slowed thinking, or other cognitive impairment, we can help. A neuropsychological evaluation can determine if there is a cognitive condition present, and if so, what might be the cause and what can be done about it.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment or to find out more information on neuropsychological testing in NYC and Chicago. Receive the treatment and care that you need.